WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
To my utter surprise when I weighed myself recently - which is the first time I've weighed
myself since before Christmas (!!) I have only put on 3 lbs!! I weighed myself 4 times as I
couldn't quite believe my eyes - as I was expecting a much bigger weight gain. After all is said
and done - I'm pleased with that result!
ANGUS & LIZZIE
Just before I left for Port Isaac at the Weekend to start work on the 7th Series of Doc Martin, I had the
delightful pleasure of meeting Angus's girlfriend, Lizzie, from Paraguay. She had just arrived in London, before leaving with Gus for Barcelona, where they are now both going to live. Her English is a whole lot better than my Spanish - but I must say it's pretty sexy hearing them both talk to each other in Spanish - "Lo que una pareja hermosa que hacen juntos. Espero que tengan un tiempo
maravilloso en Espana!"
MY TRIP TO PORT ISAAC
On a previous journey I drove from London to Port Isaac both of my children - Angus & Maisie swore they would never ever make that trip with me again - the trip had taken 9 hours! (Cindy's best time - with no stops had been 4 hours) On that trip I'd had numerous comfort breaks for little smackerals of food here and there, little snooze breaks, and various pee breaks, etc. I'm pleased to report that my recent trip, with a lunch break & tea & a pee break, only took 5 & a half hours! Look kids, I'm getting better....
BREAKING BAD BERT
This Series of DOC MARTIN, my Character Bert, loses his Restaurant - as he can't pay the bills.
He's forced to sell his little red van and then buys an old Camper Van to live in - See below!:
What follows is an extract from the Script where Bert starts to embark on a new way of making money - to be revealed at a later date - but as you can see - there are fun and games ahead!
-
48 INT. BERT’S CAMPERVAN - CONTINUOUS - EVENING 3 48BERT has spread out the pots, pans and buckets across the floor of the van. He’s now drilling a hole in the lid of the pressure cooker (using a battery-driven drill). When the hole meets his requirements, he consults a book, then starts to thread a length of copper tubing though the lid.We pull back as BERT stands back and surveys the assortment of pipes, pots, pans and buckets, as well as several primus stoves, that are spread out across the floor of the van.We have no idea what BERT is up to (Is he going to make Meth? Breaking Bert?) Whatever it is, BERT is pleased with his efforts.FIT-BIT NEWSCOMMENTS:Well - there we are - The Blog is officially back and running - thank you for all your support and requests for the "Return of the Blog" - much appreciated! Feel free to leave "Your Abuse"below - just follow "The Evil One's" Lead.........








Hurray so happy to have you back. I wish my post Christmas and pre Easter weight gain was as minimal as yours!!!! Well done. You will note how assiduously this atheist notes religious holidays!
ReplyDeleteMuch love
K x
Well it's great to have the blog back and not a bad result weight-wise considering Christmas .is the season of indulgence. Great also to see the pic of Gus with H's lovely Lizzie. What abeautiful girl. Has Gus lost some weight? I know what you mean about seeing your son talking to his Spamish speaking girlfriend in her language. Used to enthrall me when our Joe would converse en espanol with his Camilla. Barcelona sounds wonderful. I know Joe was very interested in what Gus was contemplating in that exciting town. Loved hearing about the trips to Port Isaacs and about Bert going 'bad'! Well, we're leaping to conclusions about all the pots etc. Can't wait to hear the next instalment. I'm in New York painting feverishly for a one man show at my gallery here (Michael Ingbar Gallery, 568 Broadway, Soho...just in case you're given some time off to pop over for the opening THIS Friday). Well me luverrrrr have a great time in Port Isaacs. Meg and I are SOOOOO looking forward to our little visit in June. Who knows what Bert may be up to by that stage! Cheerio luverrrs.
ReplyDeleteSo great to have the blog back! Returning to the UK and seeing how much you had slimmed down since last October was incredible, and I have no trouble believing the Christmas gain was a very manageable 3 lbs. Now let's get back to losses!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the little message in EspaƱol. We are so looking forward to coming down to see you tomorrow - though glad it won't take 9 hours this time round. Love you so much, and am very intrigued to find out what Breaking Burt gets up to…xx
Hurray! Great to have you back on the interwebs, and back in Port Isaac! I think E1 made a rule we don't celebrate gains but we absolutely do when a 4-month hiatus leads to less than a pound a month. That's impressive.
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear the updates, and well done on the fitbit! I might have to get back in the game.
Lots of love,
Jenny
Pops so good to have you back! And I for one hope that good ol' Bert starts baking some METH. Breaking Bert! Not a bad result to only have put on 3 lbs but now it's time for the losses to continue. Not too many cream teas for you Mr. McNeice. Whats the plan of action, 5:2??? So good to have you back, have an incredible time in Port Issac, so gutted Jenny and I can't come this year. Much love, Trav
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! You'll have a bikin bod for the Summer. So pleased you've only put on 3lbs - a great starting point for more loses. Good Luck. We're with you all the way. Love Ems xxx
ReplyDeleteWell 3lbs would normally have been reaching for my dictionary of acid epithets, merciless insults and remorseless humiliations... But given that it's been months, and included the holidays AND a sojourn in the USA (land of deep fried cupcakes with butter on and under the batter..) I think it's a pretty damned good result. Shows you've been disciplined AND by being more active, the old metabolism is helping, rather than hindering you. So many congrats on the minimal gain BUT please don't get complacent in the land of battered fish and cream teas. Keep the blog going, let's get the losses going again and you know you have a huge chorus rooting for you. The (not so) Evil 1 x
ReplyDeleteLove Bert's new digs! And with getting back into the diet groove, just think how great Bert will look in his underwear when he is channeling Walt in the Cornish Meth Lab! So impressed with your honesty about the weight gain over the last several months. And 3 pounds isn't bad at all, especially as I know your consumption of the Amish pies (apple, pecan, and banana cream) and cinnamon roles. Yes, you gained, but as the Evil One said, your metabolism is helping you. Keep in mind that you can always share a pasty with a friend or eat half and save the rest for another day. Utilize the fresh air, cliffs, and pathways. Stay positive! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteCindy xx
Whoooo thats something to be proud of! Keep those pounds off now- not too shabby! Very impressed considering the busy time you have had. So happy you're back.
ReplyDeleteIt was so lovely seeing Lizzy and Gus at Ems' house. Cant wait to see them in Spain.
I remember that drive down! So funny! I would pay now to have a 9 hour road trip with you. I am dying to come and visit you- I cant wait! Not long now.
Can't wait to work as an extra helping you cook your meth! Gloves are on already!
Looking forward to all the cornish goss to come! xxxxxx