Wednesday, 6 May 2015

"May Day! May Day!!"



WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY


No change this week - No loss - No gain. Have been working quite a lot this week so haven't managed to get out on the Golf Course or go for walks. Also having had spectacular weather recently we've reverted to proper Cornish weather again - Wind & Rain. Well - here's to a loss next week!

FACEBOOK

At present I have 206 Friend Requests pending - Most of the Requests are from people I've never heard of, but so far this one has got to be my favourite, it's from LUIGI the HORSE!!




HOW OLD.NET

My Australian Friend, Cory recently stayed with us,  along with his boyfriend Michael. As a "Thank You" he sent me this photograph. Apparently you go to this Site - "How Old.Net" - put in your photograph and it will tell you how old you are!


Thanks Cory that's marvellous - 78 years old! And Cindy looks like she is "ageless" - which is how it should be! Check it out - hope you do better than I did!! Well, at least my "Gender" was correct!

OPEN DAY
PORT ISAAC LIFEBOAT STATION


The Lifeboat Open Day which was held on Saturday the 2nd of May gave me an opportunity for more fundraising.  By charging £1 for photos with fans at the end of the day my total had risen to £785. Nikki (from the Lifeboat Station & Pasty Shop) wants to have a special presentation with the local press once I reach £1000. 






Watch this Space for more Fundraising!!





Whilst I was down in the harbour a taxi came screeching to a halt and out jumped this gang of young guys who demanded a photo!. It transpired that one of them (in the yellow bowtie) was on his way to the Longcross Hotel to be married that afternoon!!



Also whilst I was down there this fleet of Minis came down onto the beach and donated £20 for
photos with them.



They were on the "Riviera Run" which is a 2 day Weekend Festival celebrating the original
"Mini" car.












Whilst I was having photos with the Mini Guys this bunch of Italian Sailors dropped anchor in the harbour! You can just see them arriving in their dinghy in the photo above. And the whole Photo opportunity started again!


What a charming bunch of Pasta Lovers heading for the nearest Pub for a mighty piss-up!




SUNDAY AFTERNOON



On Sunday afternoon whilst I was heading to a Readthrough of Episodes 4 & 5,   that took place in the local St Peters Church (see above) I bumped into the bride of the groom I'd had a photograph with the previous day!! They were getting ready to fly to Berlin for their honeymoon - both 20 years! Such a small world.



Bride and Groom.


MORE FACEBOOK


Cindy found this entry on a Doc Martin Fan Site - from someone called Tilamari Mikkola saying  "I love Bert" - so I looked up Tilamari on Facebook and found:



Well - I think it's fair to say that "Bert loves Tilamara too"!!

THE FA CUP


If I cast my mind back to when we lived in the Cotswolds there was I time I remember that thanks to our Cleaner Rose's husband Brian - Travers, Angus (both quite young!) and myself took the bus from Chipping Campden to Birmingham where we saw a fairly mediocre team play called Aston Villa. On Saturday 30th May at 5.30pm The Final of the FA Cup will be played at Wembley between Arsenal & Aston Villa. I know that Travers, Angus & now Oakley have supported them ever since those early days. What a proud bunch they must be now. Good luck guys!!


DOC MARTIN

43 EXT. TERRACE. LARGE’S RESTAURANT - PORTWENN - DAY 2 

BERT hurries across to a tub situated on a table by the Kitchen door.
He looks into the tub; he is appalled.





           BERT (hisses)

Becky!! What have you done to my lobsters?

BECKY

I gave them some water to swim in.

They looked bored.

BERT

What water? Where’d you get it?


BECKY 

The tap.

BERT

Fresh water kills lobsters, it’s

salt water they need! 





  1. 1  EXT. PORTWENN - VIEW - DAY 1 1 OVER TITLES:
    Another Glorious Sunny Day in Portwenn. 







Quite often the script calls for just that - "another sunny day" and quite often too,  Cornish weather is overcast with a drizzle of rain never far away. This is where the Director of Photography, Simon Archer, comes into his own. With the help of these "Silver Walls"-  lights bounce off them and sure enough: "LET THERE BE LIGHT!" - we have a "Sunny Day in Portwenn"!!

"MAY CONTAIN NUTS DELI"





Wes Hamilton runs this local Deli and this week we filmed there. She got to appear in the same scene as Louisa (Caroline Katz) and Ruth (Dame Eileen Atkins) and had a lot of fun in the process.





MAISIE'S WEEKLY ILLUSTRATION



"I am separated from my wife and two wonderful children aged three and seven. It has taken eight court appearances to secure regular access to my children. My older girl is always happy to see me. She remembers when we all lived together. My younger daughter, however, often cries, clings to her mother and refuses to come away with me. It is heart-breaking to see this, so I forgo the access allocated to me to avoid upsetting her further. My ex won’t discuss this with me as the level of conflict is still high between us. How can I sensitively maintain a relationship with my two daughters?"
As Always Maisie a fabulous job - congrats!



COMMENTS.





8 comments:

  1. First to comment?? Im back int the game!

    I tried that how old am I crap and I got 37! I may be leaving school soon but I am not that far gone. Loving all the Cornwall news, I remember Gus and I surfing for a few hours down there and getting Cornish Pasties afterwards, sadly that has been my only Cornwall trip.

    I have made a bet with my friend who supports Arsenal, if Aston Villa win then he has to spend 24 hours wearing the villa kit to (including going to classes with hundreds of people), if Arsenal win then I am committed to the same fate. In Sherwood we trust.

    Lots of love, Oaks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn second-no glitter this week.love the blog as always but not the weight loss. This summer the blog has been great but the losses pretty crappy..Love you lots so will go back to being horrible and in future won't comment unles there has been a loss. This will be a tragedy -as my insive wit, comsumate spelling and Socratic wisdom will be much missed by other keen followers. Your fund raising gave me an idea-I put up a tastfully printed sign outside my house: " Lady Marry Pallicer lives here" 50p for a photo-NOTHING! I was shocked I tell you. Miss you and Cins toooooo much. Big love-this week NO pasties or similar delights xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's get back to losses Big Daddy! Work and bad weather impact your ability to go on walks but don't influence how much passes your mouth on a given day. That's it from me for tough love, not a shade on mum's "No loss, no comment" threat — frightening stuff!

    Great blog this week — what you have done for charity in the village over the years is commendable. Sorry to not get back to you re Villa — suffice to say May 30th will easily be the most exciting day for a villain since the 80s (when we won the European cup). We won the league cup in the 90s, though the FA Cup is a far more esteemed competition with a long history.

    And, according to how-old.net, I am 24! Take that Oakley!

    Love you, G xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm impressed that you have remained the same weight, because I've gained 8 pounds since I've been in Cornwall. Damn! 5:2 me Big Daddy! I love your blog! And LOVED the crazy day at the platt. Raising money for charity, the Italian run (mini's and sailors), the wedding party, and the crazy Canadian! Port Isaac is such a wacky place! So many Cluneatics invading the village! You still remain such a perv (last week's Baps and this weeks Tilamara)! Another lovely illustration from Maisie!

    Love, Cins xxoo

    PS: You look so HOT in that photo with Wes. Svelte and Tan! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. No gain, so lame. Reminds me of a film called Pain and Gain costarring my second favorite actor after you, Dwayne The Rock Johnson. If you're ever in the mood to see a shockingly terrific horrible film this is it. And based on a true story. Leads me to another question, have you considered starting an Instagram account? I'd love to follow your Port Isaac fundraising and I bet you'd get a bumper crop with a little extra publicity. Sorry, too much coffee, back to the topic at hand...

    There hasn't been much exercise on this side lately either, but last night we made an excuse to go for a walk after dinner last night taking the roommates' dog out to the park, and it felt so nice to get the fresh air and a little exertion to help digest. I recommend it!

    The weekly award for cutest couple pictured has to go to Bert and his Lobsters, though it's technically a threesome. I love all the photo ops, and congrats on the fundraising!

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... @TheBertLarge isn't taken yet. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tilamara, what can we say! Indeed Cindy, Pops is one serious perv, and we all love it! Splendid blog this week, and congrats on the fundraising effort!

    A shame about not loss this week. Lets keep on loosing, Jenny and I are looking forward to making you the 100 pound loss poster. I think we need to shake up this diet of yours!

    I am loving all the Facebook activity, and to be befriend by a horse, what can you say. And look at the following Bert has, my god!

    Aston Villa in an FA cup final, just unreal. There has not been a lot to cheer about for a few to many years, but this is unreal! Can't wait for May 30th!

    Much love to you and Cindy. And a loss for next week please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back to the dreaded ****ing plateau? Say it ain't so. I speak for all when I say THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. We want to see lard loosened, pounds not present, grams gone... BUT! I will forgive all for having introduced me to How-Old.Net. I emerged more than a decade younger (!ha!) whereas my nieces gained a decade. Love it.
    Life in Cornwall just looks too much fun. Jealous as all heck, but you have been warned: No loss next week and questions will be asked,
    Evil 1

    ReplyDelete